Snort mailing list archives

Re: MySql-Acid logging

From: Rolf Brusletto <rolf-list () triculture com>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 14:39:09 -0700

Cilin wrote:

Hi guys,
I just set up Snort as a service and all the juicy
programs along with it. When I open the acid_main.php
i have no evidence of any intrusion(everything is 0).
Do you guys know a program or a way i can generate an
alert so i test to see if my configuration works.

Also would a port scan be considered an alert, because
i try scanning from a home network but no alerts were detected. I am blaming this on the network switch
rather than the alert problem.

thnks for any input in advance,

=====
"Knowing others is wisdom, knowing yourself is Enlightenment." -Lao Tzu