Snort mailing list archives

RE: Still Help Needed: i want to make a firewall

From: "Michael Steele" <michaels () silicondefense com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 10:00:35 -0700

Robert,

Microsoft in all their wisdom, by default installed IIS when Server was
installed. Big mistake, especially seeing that so many so called admins
couldn't deal with the configuration of the box in state it was left in
after a default install.

Server 2003 is SO much more secure by default. By default, using IE you
can't even hit a website without adding it to your trusted sites.

-Michael
--
 mailto:michaels () silicondefense com
 Silicon Defense - The Cyber-War Defense Company