Snort mailing list archives

OpenPcap( ) error with snort 2.0

From: "Storment, Brandon" <Brandon.Storment () wipp ws>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 09:33:31 -0600

hello,
I have currently upgraded from snort 1.9.1 to snort 2.0 on OpenBSD 3.1.
While running snort in daemon mode ( startup string is as follows: snort -d
-D -c /usr/src/snort/snort.conf -i xl1 -l /var/log/snort/xl1, this is for
each interface xl1 and xl2),  I am now getting the following message:

snort: OpenPcap() device xl1 network lookup:  xl1: no IPv4 address assigned
snort: OpenPcap() device xl2 network lookup:  xl2: no IPv4 address assigned

Has anyone else seen or recieved this message?  Trying to fix this i have
currently upgraded the libpcap-0.7.1 to libpcap-0.7.2, and have also
upgraded tcpdump-3.7.1 to tcpdump-3.7.2, this didn't help.