Snort mailing list archives

Re: OT- Can anyone recommend a log parser for cisco?

From: James Hoagland <jim () SiliconDefense com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 07:08:54 -0700

At 5:10 PM -0400 4/9/03, David Gianndrea wrote:
It has become painfully apparent that I need some sort
of log parser for  syslog messages. Im looking for
an open source log manager / reporter that will help me
do a better job of watching messages coming from our
firewall with out having to spend weeks learning
to tweaking it. Maybe with a web front end, something
along the lines of Acid would be cool!

Anybody know of one?

You could write an input module for SnortSnarf and present your messages in its browsable HTML output (which is along the lines of Acid). Suggest use of Parse::Syslog from CPAN to aid in parsing the file.

Hope this helps,

  Jim
--
|*     Jim Hoagland, Associate Researcher, Silicon Defense     *|
|*    --- Silicon Defense: The Cyberwar Defense Company ---    *|