Snort mailing list archives

How to Use Throttle when using Swatch for duplicate email alerts

From: "Sudhakar Gummadi" <sgummadi () sitelite com>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 11:46:20 -0700

Hi,

I am using swatch to generate email alerts from the alert file comparing
the string  /priority: 1/. In some instances the same alert is generated
numerous times like 30 to 40 emails.

I was wondering how can I specify using (throttle) for 10 to 15 min to
ignore if it the same alert.

Any examples would be really helpful.

Thanks
SG