Snort mailing list archives

RE: stealth interface

From: "Vanish Pattni (DSL AK)" <VanishP () datacom co nz>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 10:25:02 +1200

Keg's explanation is perhaps more useful. Just as a matter of interest if
you have the iproute package installed (by default on RH8) then you could
also issue the command:

ip address del 10.5.1.1/24 dev eth0

replacing the ip and ethernet device names as it applies to you. This will
remove an existing ip address from the eth0 interface.

cheers
Vanish