Snort mailing list archives

Re: Alerts not Detected during Import?

From: Chris Green <cmg () sourcefire com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 14:13:18 -0400

"Dusty Hall" <halljer () auburn edu> writes:

Erek,

  Thanks for the Enlightening Answer, it all makes sense now.  I guess
the only way to fix this is to change the output on Snort1 to point
directly to the DB server?

Snort's unified formats and barnyard can solve this problem for you.
Snort writes unified the barnyard loads alerts + packets into mysql.
There are other sets of limitations but it does solve this problem.

Since it's been forever since I went to Auburn, I'll make the
obligatory duc duc goose joke. <G>

--
Chris Green <cmg () sourcefire com>
Laugh and the world laughs with you, snore and you sleep alone.