Snort mailing list archives

Re: Database permissions question

From: Erek Adams <erek () snort org>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 16:23:59 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 22 Jun 2003, John Deagan wrote:

database: compiled support for ( mysql )
database: configured to use mysql
database:          user = root
database: password is set
database: database name = snorttest1
database:          host = *****
database:   sensor name = unknown:[reading from a file]
database: mysql_error: Host '*****' is not allowed to connect
to this MySQL server

Ive got a database on one machine, and snort on another, and now Im having
programs running snort.  Its saying its not allowed to connect, so are there
some permissions I have to change?

Ok, I'm teetering on the brink of a rant, but I'm going to try to come
back from the edge--And no, it's not at anyone in particular....

Check the FAQ [0], the ACID FAQ [1], and the archives [2].  It's been
spelled out there more times than I would care to count.

You have the permissions set for one user and are trying to access MySQL
with another user.  Make sure that you have both the username and host
correct and make sure that the correct user@host has permissions to the
DB.

Oh, and 2 penalty drinks [3].

Cheers!