Snort mailing list archives

Re: Eagle X v2.0

From: Ueli Kistler <iuk () gmx ch>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 19:24:48 +0200

Hi

- open IDScenter by double-clicking on the icon (btw if an alert occurs you can double-click and the viewer is opened)
- Go to "Wizards"->"Preprocessors"
- Open the "Portscan detection" tab
- Try to modifiy the settings "Timeout" and "Ports" ... ex. Timeout = 45 and Ports = 28

The problem is that the threshold values depend very much on how you are surfing / how much traffic is transfered on your network.

Regards,
   Ueli Kistler
   u.kistler () engagesecurity com
   www.engagesecurity.com (btw this is not a company)

--

cristal_ball () libero it wrote:

i installed eagle to try
i like it
very easy

my problem is i get lots of this alerts :

#0-(3-91)        [snort] (spp_portscan2) Portscan detected from 192.168.0.25: 6 targets 6 ports in 18 seconds

i know they are false positive and try to understand the rule but
cant even find it :( shame on me

can any one help