Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort doen't write to mysql

From: Daniele Gallarato <daniele.gallarato () dimensys it>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 12:53:47 +0200

Ok, thanks

Guillaume Rix wrote:

Sorry, I make a mystake in my explanation.
I wanted referer to this possible answer :

   http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=snort-users&m=105479748801333&w=2

kaihansen wrote:

Sorry, but I've always used this configuration (taken from snort.conf.distrib) and all has worked properly for an year.

In any case I've tried to change this line to alert instead of log, but it doesn't work anyway.

These lines comes from README.databases

[log | alert] - specify log or alert to connect the database
plugin to the log or alert facility. In most cases you will
likely want to use the log facility.

--
Daniele Gallarato