Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort doen't write to mysql

From: kaihansen <kaihansen () email it>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 12:05:58 +0200

Sorry, but I've always used this configuration (taken from snort.conf.distrib) and all has worked properly for an year.

In any case I've tried to change this line to alert instead of log, but it doesn't work anyway.

These lines comes from README.databases

[log | alert] - specify log or alert to connect the database
plugin to the log or alert facility. In most cases you will
likely want to use the log facility.

Guillaume Rix wrote:

Try alert instead of log
Mysql is used for alert, no for log

kaihansen wrote:

Hi all.

I've this little problem.

I've updated from 1.9 to 2.0; before this operation, all work properly (snort + mysql + acid).

Now snort start correctly, write alert on /var/log/snort/alert, acid go well on apache web server and I can see old alerts, but snort doesn't write new alerts to mysql database ....

I've compiled it with option --wit-mysql, so when I start with this row in configuration

output database: log, mysql, user=snort password=snort dbname=snort host=localhost

no errors appear in log, but anything will be written to mysql database (I've also used script create_mysql).

Bye, Daniele