Snort mailing list archives

Re: is it possible to extend my partition without losing my dbases?

From: Erek Adams <erek () snort org>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 11:47:34 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 30 May 2003, Horta, Benny wrote:

is there a tool that will let me extend my partition without losing my
files? I need more space for mysql databases but Im not sure what I can use
to extend the partition without losing existing data.

Yes, No and Maybe.

There are some tools that can do partition resizing.  Those tools don't
run on all OS'es.

Here's a quick Google:

 http://directory.google.com/Top/Computers/Software/Disk_Management/Partition/?tc=1

If you're on Solaris you'll need Veritas VXvFS and VXvM.

Hope that helps!

-----
Erek Adams