Snort mailing list archives

Problems with logging to mysql db

From: "Donnie Green" <d_greenjr () hotmail com>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 01:33:49 -0400

1) I am running snort 2.0 on RH8.0.
Snort is running fine when logging to /var/log/snort/

2) I installed mysql.
mysql is running fine BY ITSELF

3) Next, I configured snort with mysql and executed the snort scripts.
The snort db & tables are present

4) I edited the line in snort.conf to read
output database: log, mysql, user=snort password= dbname=snort host=localhost

(The user snort in the mysql db does not have a password so I left it blank in snort.conf)

5) I restart mysql and snort

Problem:
When I start snort now, I get the message "SNORT is up and running!", but when I execute the command "ps -ef | grep snort" snort is not running. ( The mysql db is)