Snort mailing list archives

Syslog,MySql, IDS Center /Eagle X

From: "McBurnett, Jim" <jmcburnett () msmgmt com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 11:46:13 -0400

Ok all,
I have searched all the archives, googled this to death and I am still drawing a blank..
I know I am missing something.
I am running this on a Windows XP, Fresh install, norton AV.
System is running a 2.6 Ghz P4 with 512M RAM..
Started with the Eagle X package.
MySql, ACID it all works great...
I tried to add Syslog to it and Bingo-- It crashes every time it sends a message..
I tried to send to an external syslog.. no go. I tried an on Machine Syslog.
No go.. System has 3 NICS, and I am using the 2nd NIC.

I thought maybe it was an issue with Snort 1.9. So I updated to Snort 2.0
No go, same problem, but now the snort service won't even start with Syslog enabled
There is nothing in the Event log of relevance, the Test of the Config looks fine.
I can post or email offlist the config file if anyone is willing to help me...

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Jim