Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort Reporting Tools

From: Jason Boykin <getmesecure () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 14:48:33 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 2003-05-15 at 10:42, Vendl, Mark E. wrote:
All:

I use Puresecure for my management console and
have 3 snort agents running
on my network.  Does anyone use, or know of, a
good reporting tool for
snort?  By reporting, I mean something that I can
give to upper management
to show them status of our ids.  My director has
asked for something like
this for a weekly or monthly report *sigh*.  Any
suggestions would be
excellent.

Thanks,
Mark E. Vendl
Network Engineer
mvendl () sidley com

Have a look at ACID?
ACID can generate graphs with snort data from a
database and can query on and between dates inputed by
the user.
I recently got it working and its a big hit with
management.  They seem to like charts and graphs more
than functionality.  Im not saying ACID doesnt have
good functionality either, its a real nice tool.
http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~rdanyliw/snort/snortacid.html

If your not talking about numbers of alerts and
traffic   and such maybe Nagios?  I havent looked at
Nagios much.
http://www.nagios.org/

We were using a Razorback for a while.  All it does is
read the alert log file though.
http://www.intersectalliance.com/projects/RazorBack/index.html

http://search.yahoo.com