Snort mailing list archives

Re: Can snort add a rule to iptables?

From: Erek Adams <erek () snort org>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 11:00:52 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003, Eduardo Faria wrote:

Hi friends, I am a new one at SNORT world. I read the official
manual and I have one doubt. Can SNORT match an attack and add
some rule to iptables , for exemple to drop some ip range of
address?

No.

You'll have to use a third party script/plugin to do that.  Check out
SnortSam [0] or Guardian (contrib dir of tarball).

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams

[0]     http://www.snortsam.net/