Snort mailing list archives

RE: Problem logging to postgres

From: "Roger D. Vargas" <roger () eht scu tur cu>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 14:03:01 -0400 (CDT)

On 25 Apr 2003, Frank Knobbe wrote:

A question, should I disable logging to file in the command line to enable
output plugin or something? Every time i start snort i got this:
 command line overrides rules file alert plugin!

uhm, yes. If you use logging/output configs in the command line, they
will override the snort.conf. Specify your log file in snort.conf in
addition to the db, and you should be in good shape.
Then that should be the problem (Im awaiting some suspicious activity to
confirm it). It must be clearly stated in the docs or FAQ, I think.

--
Roger D. Vargas, MSCE (Minesweeper and Solitaire Certified Expert)
ICQ: 117641572

--
y se considera que está limpio.