Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort not seeing all traffic?

From: PJ <p.jones.ml () xsb com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 14:36:23 -0400

Ok, following what you said, I looked for the preprocessor lines in my config and saw nothing for portscan2, I created the preprocessor, though I was wondering if I should leave all the values blank?

Also, I checked the rules and noted that the ones I was concerned about (cmd.exe ...) are activated...why would Snort not see this type of attack (my guess is several reasons, all that are beyond my education level at this moment I fear)?

Thanks for all the help folks.

~PJ