Snort mailing list archives

RE: ACID 0.9.6b23 Search page issue

From: "McGuire, Dennis" <dmcguire () brierley com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 20:26:01 -0600

How long does it take for the search page to come up (even in
a partial state)?  How big is the Snort data table on your
disk?  I've seen problems with ACID where you try to remove
old alerts, but it only removes the alert entry from the
acid_alert table, not the data table.  As such, when I
thought I was cleaning out old stuff I really had a data
table that wasn't getting cleaned out.

This data inconsistentcy that seems to present itself with
large tables is
fairly worrisome which is why I'm writing a small DBI script
to remove old
alerts entirely.

Cheers - Erick

Erick,

- The Search page loads in les than 1 second.
- The snort data table is:
[root@dalog02 snort]# ls -la /var/lib/mysql/snort/data*
-rw-rw----    1 mysql    mysql        8614 Aug 12 06:14
/var/lib/mysql/snort/data.frm