Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort Syslog Alerts on Win32

From: "Don Weber" <Don () WeberOnTheWeb com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 21:07:38 -0800

RE: [Snort-users] Snort Syslog Alerts on Win32you can, just do it on the
command line, which also trumps anything in your config file tho, just do
this, along with the rest of you options for snort.conf and log dir and
such, for some reason i always need to add the port on it as well, all of my
sensors go to a remote syslog server or two.
jsut use your regular snort command line and add -s ip.add.re.ss:port at the
end

snort -s host.ip.add.ress:514