Snort mailing list archives

RE: loading snort 1.9.0

From: SecurityAdmin () aspentech com
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 08:42:38 -0600

Hi John, I have had a couple files download from snort.org lately that came
in as .tar.tar - just rename them to .tar.gz which is what they should be.
They are a compressed file which is why winzip sees them that way. I'm not
sure why they change the extension on download.
You need to install winpcap on the machine. Download it from here.

http://winpcap.polito.it/ <http://winpcap.polito.it/>