Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort installation

From: Erek Adams <erek () snort org>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 08:57:03 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, Anthony Banez wrote:

# ./configure --with-mysql
checking for working aclocal... missing
checking for working autoconf... missing
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... missing
checking for working makeinfo... missing
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
create executables.

anybody knows how to solve this problem?

Well....  I'm guessing, but do you have gcc installed on that box?  If you
do, do you have the full development RPM's on there (libs and headers and
such)?  The only time that I ever ran into something like that the
compiler was horked or wasn't installed.

Hope that helps!

-----
Erek Adams

   "When things get weird, the wierd turn pro."   H.S. Thompson