Snort mailing list archives

Adobe's Ducky

From: Adam Shephard <sfnative33 () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 05:36:48 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

I'm seeing a number of alerts tagged as "SHELLCODE x86
inc ebx NOOP". Although they are all from and to
different IPs, all of them include "Ducky" and "Adobe"
in them.

In googling for Adobe, Ducky & shellcode, I found a
Sourceforge post from last year identifying that
signature as being hooked to JFIF files. Don't know if
that's accurate or not.

I suppose I could just create an AG and send all the
Ducky stuff there, then ignore that AG. Is there
something more, um, intelligent I should be doing?

Thanks,

Adam