Snort mailing list archives

ICMP Large PAcket

From: "Jose Ramon Hernandez Macias" <jhernandez () alestra com mx>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 11:11:53 -0600

Hi dudes,

I´m actually receiving a lot of ICMP Large Packet alerts, after I analyzed
most of the packets I´ve seen all of them
are echo request packets with a size of 1472 bytes of NULL, so the alarm is
triggered with >800 . My question is
do you recommend me to increase the size to >1472 or >1500 ?

Thanks

Jose
"Rapidity is the essence of war: take advantage of the enemy´s unreadiness,
make your way by unexpected routes, and attack unguarded spots." -- Sun Tzu