Snort mailing list archives

RE: Two questions: SNMP/Syslog

From: "Kenneth G. Arnold" <bkarnold () cbu edu>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 22:01:14 -0600 (CST)

I went a little farther.  I tried to configure snort on a machine on
which I have a copy of ucd-snmp.  I didn't attempt to compile it but it
did get a successful configure including the snmp section.

checking for snmp... yes
checking for ucd-snmp/snmp_parse_args.h... yes

I was using snort-1.9.1 and ucd-snmp-4.2.3.  The source code for both was
off /usr/local in separate directories.  Is this the way your snort and
net-snmp source code is arranged?  If not, I would suggest you arrange it
so that both are off the same base directory structure and try again.

Ken