Snort mailing list archives

Re: Re: Questions

From: Erek Adams <erek () snort org>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 22:31:17 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003, Jose Ramon Hernandez Macias wrote:

I got this after installing libnet 1.0.2a on RedHat 7.3 and after doing the
snort ./configure --with-mysql --enable-flexresp

[...snip...]

Is that ok? I donĀ“t know what a *BSD port is and if --cflags and --libs is
broken, is that important or it will work ok?

*BSD ports are similar to RPM's in a way, but _very_ unlike them in most.
For now, that's a decent approximation.

There's currently some patches being worked on to ./configure to deal
better with libnet.  They should be finalized within a few days.

As for the error, it's only a 'warning'.  It does show that it does find
libnet, so I wouldn't worry about it.  You might want to try and see if it
compiles and runs.

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams