Snort mailing list archives

Re: adding sensors

From: Erek Adams <erek () snort org>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 08:12:29 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, [iso-8859-1] Always Bishan wrote:

I have one sensor running , I want to add one more
snort sensor. How do I install it, how do I see it in
ACID?

Covered in the manual.  You know there is a manual?  That long set of
documentation that was painstakingly put together to help people?  It's
located in the /docs subdir of the snort distro, and on the website [0].
It's even available in a PDF.

Try it.  You might be amazed at what you find in it [1].

-----
Erek Adams

[0]     http://www.snort.org/docs/writing_rules/
[1]     http://www.snort.org/docs/writing_rules/chap2.html#tth_sEc2.5.8