Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort terminates.

From: Erek Adams <erek () snort org>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 08:08:07 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, Lund, Carl Fredrik wrote:

I'm running snort 1.9.0 with acid and mysql on RedHat 7.3, and
everything worked fine for a couple of days, but now snort terminates
after a few seconds. I don't get any error messages, so I was wondering
if anyone on the list have experienced similar problems?

Upgrade to 1.9.1.  There's a security problem with 1.9.0 that can be
fairly nasty.

If you can't upgrade, try running Snort under gdb.  The BUGS file has
details on this.  Be sure and leave off the -D switch though.

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams