Snort mailing list archives

Re: Brand New to Snort Brand New to Linux

From: twig les <twigles () yahoo com>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 10:40:28 -0800 (PST)

checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH

This is your problem.  Type "whereis gcc" and it should tell you
where your compiler is.  Type "echo $PATH" and it will tell you
where your OS is looking for programs.  You will find one of two
things:

1. Your PATH does not include the location of gcc.  You can
either expand your PATH or create a link to someplace that the
OS looks.  The correct way is to expand your PATH.  The syntax
should be the following, but sadly I don't have a *nix box in
front of me right now so someone plz check my syntax.

In Bash (which you're prolly using):
PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin ; export PATH
If gcc is not in /usr/local/bin then use wherever gcc is
instead.

2. If whereis gcc tells you nothing, you prolly don't have gcc
installed.  do a package add.

=====