Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort compilation on Tru Unix 4.0G

From: Chris Green <cmg () sourcefire com>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 08:49:57 -0500

System Operations <sysop () mcb net> writes:

After struggling for a day to get all the components, libpcap etc and
sub-components, bison, flex and sub-sub components GNUM4 and so on,
compiled on our Alpha, snort itself fails catastrophically.  Configure did
not show any errors and I can mail the configs if required.
The first problem was that tru-unix does not allow defines where the # is
in any other position than column 1.  I fixed that by running through the
src with a sed.

However, sample output below suggests that tru-unix may not be
supported fully.

It probably isn't.  There are alignment issues that we hope to get rid
of some day.  One thing that it appears is that you are missing the
#define DEBUG_WRAP(...)

Maybe that's not supposed on your platform. Don't know.  There is
someone on snort-devel attempting to do a patch for sparc to resolve
alignment issues.
--
Chris Green <cmg () sourcefire com>
You now have 14 minutes to reach minimum safe distance.