Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort1.9 TCPdump output file format

From: Ken Connelly <Ken.Connelly () uni edu>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 11:08:13 -0600

New to the list, but not new to snort (been there since 1.7 days). I am just looking into 1.9.1 due to the rpc preprocessor problem and have run into the binary log filename problem described in this thread back in October. It seems that -L is still not functioning according to the doc. In particular, I tried:

   ... -L `date +snort-%m%d@%H%M.log`

on Solaris 8 and get filenames like

   snort-0304 () 1033 log.<epoch-date>

which is better (for me) than snort.log.<epoch-date>, but not what the man page says -L should do.

Any chance that this will get fixed soon, or should I just plan to live with the default and/or what I can conjure up with the -L as above?

Thanks!

--
- Ken
Ken Connelly (KC152) Systems and Operations Manager, ITS - Network Services