Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort tool for alert analysis

From: jeremy chartier <jeremy.chartier () free fr>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 09:22:22 +0100

Or better in specific cases : SNORTALOG
http://freshmeat.net/projects/snortalog/

Hi list,

A lot of attacks get generated in the alert file when I run Snort? It is
manually very difficult to go thru each rule to try an figure out which
snort rule caused which attack and also it is very difficult to manually
count the frequency of each attack generated in the file. Is there any tool
that helps me count the frequency of each attack in an alert file(s), helps
me sort the attacks in the file, helps me batch all common attacks in a
file/files?? Please could someone help me by letting me know of any
window-based tool that would help me in this aspect.......a unix based tool
is ok too. Thankyou all.

Clayton Mascarenhas

Do you Yahoo!?