Snort mailing list archives

snort tcp session reassembly

From: "gupta_sonali" <gupta_sonali () indiatimes com>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 13:02:35 +0530

Hello,
I am using snort 1.8.7 to log packets from a TCP dump. In the conf file I specify the following rule : log tcp any any
&lt;&gt; any any (session: binary;). This is placing all packets with the same source and destination port combination
into a single file, but the packets are in the order in which they were captured, which is not the actual sequence of
packets.

 Is there any way to make snort arrange the packets in proper sequence based on their TCP sequence nos. as "Follow TCP
Stream" in Ethereal does, so that the packets are oibtained in the proper order in which they should be, not in the
order in which they arrived.

P.S. I tried stream4 preprocessor, but that did not work for this

 Buy the best in Movies at http://www.videos.indiatimes.com

Bid for for Air Tickets @ Re.1 on Air Sahara Flights. Just log on to http://airsahara.indiatimes.com and Bid Now !