Snort mailing list archives

RE: SMB alerts doesn't work.

From: Bryce Stenberg <bryce () hrnz co nz>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 15:27:38 +1300

Hi Jimmy,

I attempted to use smb alerts on a windows nt4 box and trying to alert to
the same box without success.  Possibly it's a broken idea?  If someone does
have it running I would be interested in how they managed it.  I tried with
the command line flag and by using snort.conf file without success.

Regards,
  Bryce Stenberg.

P.S - don't html formatted emails have a lot of rubbish embedded in them to
wade through if you get them in a text only reader or delivered in digest
mode from the list. (see below)