Snort mailing list archives

SMB alerts doesn't work.

From: "Jimmy Hernandez" <jimmyh () provcom com>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 14:35:03 -0800

I am currently using snort 1.9.0 on OpenBSD 3.2. I am having a problem
with the smbalerts. I checked the snort configure file and it have the
plug in for smbalerts. I also ran it specifying the switch ./configure
--enable-smbalerts then make and make install all looks good but when I
try to run snort -c snort.conf -b -M workstation   I keep getting the
Error : "SMB support not compiled into program, exiting...   Fatal
Error, Quitting..

I made sure that the /etc/services file has all the appropriate settings
for netbios etc.. Everything else I've tried is running fine.

I can't find any whitepapers that would help me fix that. I am using
SAMBA 2.2.7 and snort 1.9.0 do you think I should downgrade snort to
1.8.0? Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks,

Jimmy Hernandez

Network Systems Engineer

jimmyh () provcom com