Snort mailing list archives

Re: To hub or not to hub

From: "Scot Scot" <scotw () hotmail com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 19:11:05 -0600

Other than fishing around in the HTTP GUI interface on your 3300 switch, you
could try the following command to see if it supports a Roving (3com lingo)
or SPAN (Cisco lingo) port.

First do a             SHOW MODULE all             to see what you're
working with.

I haven't touched a 3com switch in years, but one of the following could
perhaps get you headed in the right direction.

SET BRIDGE_PORT slot.port monitor enable

SET MODULE slot.1 analyzer local_port port

SET MODULE slot.1 system_analyzer enable

Just my 2.0134 cents worth (tax included)
Scot Wiedenfeld