Snort mailing list archives

RE: DSL

From: "Bob McDowell" <bmcdowell () coxhealthplans com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 09:33:29 -0600

My own experience with DSL has shown gobs and gobs of folks rummaging
through my computers.  As a result, my 'test-bed' for Linux firewall has
recently become my house.  I took my Iptables logs and made a pretty
effective presentation by simply showing what hackers were after.

My set-up differs a bit in the fact that my DSL device is some sort of
Ethernet-to-DSL bridge with a router upstream.  I would guess that in my
implementation sniffing would be basically fruitless.

I do, however get a ton of local spoofers and I'd guess they're trying to
pry their way in...