Snort mailing list archives

Minimal Redhat 7.3 install

From: "Baeder, Jason (GXS)" <Jason.Baeder () gxs com>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 17:40:24 -0500

I'm considering deploying several Snort sensors.  As the Snort installation
docs are geared towards sensors, sensors+ACID and ACID consoles, the
required Redhat installation is rather broad.  I'm wondering what the
minimal Redhat install would be for a sensor reporting to a remote database.
While I'm no neophyte, and could figure it out in time (obviously no X), I'd
also prefer to avoid reinventing the wheel. After searching the list
archives (and as far and wide as Google would take me) I haven't found any
previous work on this subject.

Does anybody have any insight on this subject?

TIA,
Jason Baeder

Global Exchange Services
Jason Baeder
Information Security Analyst
Systems Integrity
Phone: (301) 340-5074 Fax: (301) 340-4639
Internet Email: jason.baeder () gxs com
100  Edison Park Drive, 2-3B1, Gaithersburg, MD 20878

The opinions expressed herein are solely my own and do
not reflect any opinion or policy held by my employer.