Snort mailing list archives

Re: ACID - Which Database?

From: Ken Gunderson <kgunders () teamcool net>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 09:06:46 -0700

On Tuesday 11 February 2003 04:37 am, Yaakov Yehudi wrote:
I use the PostgreSQL database with ACID.  According to some tests,
http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~rdanyliw/snort/perf/acid_perf.html,  it
seems that PostgreSQL is significantly faster than MySQL.

Observing the messages in this group, it seems to me that most people
running ACID are using MySQL.  Why?  Does MySQL have some other
compelling feature which influences people to use it?

Best Regards, Yaakov

you better take another look at the graphs and the scales on the axis.
mysql seriously kicks the snot out of pgsql by orders of magnitude.  no
offense to the pgsql afficianods out there.  and the mysql4.x line is
even faster yet.

--
Best regards,

Ken Gunderson