Snort mailing list archives

Re: Access denied for user: '@192.168.0.1' -SNORT-

From: "mike Hughes" <mikehughes013 () hotmail com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 16:48:05 -0800

HERE IS MY SETUP SOO you guys can see what im trying to do better:

--192.168.0.69
Windows mahine running myql,acid,activeworkx ids (managment machine)--

--192.168.0.1
This is my LAN inetrface on my Linux Machine eth1 GATEWAY for my LAN--

--142.178.22.12
This is my eth0 on my linux machine the interface conencted to the internet--

I have not set anyhitng on MYSQL on my LINUX machine i just installed the all the RPMS like the reference said--

Ok here is the output of the mysql commands on my windows machine(192.168.0.69)

mysql> SHOW DATABASES;
+----------+
| Database |
+----------+
| mysql    |
| snort    |
| test     |
+----------+
3 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> SHOW GRANTS FOR root@localhost
  -> ;
| Grants for root@localhost                                           |
| GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'root'@'localhost' WITH GRANT OPTION |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> SHOW GRANTS FOR sensor1@192.168.0.1
  -> ;
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------+
| Grants for sensor1@192.168.0.1

+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------+
| GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, CREATE ON `snort`.* TO 'sensor1'@'192.16
8.0.1' |
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql>

Ok when i connect to the linux using PUUTY from my management machine windows (192.168.0.69) using putty port 22 I log on to eth0 on my linux machine(142.178.22.12) as root then running this command:

snort-mysql+flexresp -v -c /etc/snort/snort.conf

I get this error:

database: mysql_error: Can't connect to MySQL server on '192.168.0.69' (110)
Fatal Error, Quitting..

Can you see whats wrong yet? with my settings?
Soo i hope that clears things up for you too see what im trying to do! Thanks for you help guys!;)