Snort mailing list archives

RE: Starting and Stopping Snort feeding Mysql

From: "James M. Driskell" <jdriskell () ups edu>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 11:50:35 -0800

Ken,

I did have 3 entries in the sensor table, 1 for snort1, 1 for snort2 and
1 for unknown.  The unknown sid is the problem.

I run a cron job on each sensor that stops snort, dumps the alert and
scan.log files, recreates the files and restarts snort.  I think I'm
shooting myself in the foot because the 2 cron jobs run at the same
time.  I'll stagger the time and see if the problem goes away.

Thanks for the input.

Jim Driskell