Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort w/ Mysql Error

From: "Everist, Benjamin S. (NASWI)" <EveristB () naswi navy mil>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 13:33:18 -0800

I recently went through the same process, downloading and installing from
source, because the ports for snort are a little old.  As I recall though,
snort complained endlessly about mysql until I installed 'mysql-client' from
the ports collection.

steps I took:

 - installed MySQL 3.23.54a standard (binary) for FreeBSD to
/usr/local/mysql-3.23.54a-unknown-freebsd4.7-i386
 - created a sym link in /usr/local:
     #ln -s /usr/local/mysql-3.23.54a-unknown-freebsd4.7-i386 mysql
 - installed mysql323-client from /usr/ports/database/mysql323-client
 - installed snort from source to /usr/local/snort-1.9.0, ./configure
--with-mysql

This got snort to compile happily.  Dunno if it will help you or not, but,
who knows?  And, oh yeah, the FreeBSD ports collection rocks.  It didn't
help me with snort, but it has been a lifesaver for a 100 other pieces of
software.

Benjamin