Snort mailing list archives

Mysql error when compiling ACID(Barnyard-0.1.0)

From: "Brandon Amundson" <bamundson () bbn com>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 13:20:41 -0500

Hello,

Thanks for this forum.

I am trying to compile Barnyard-0.1.0 and am getting the following error.
Any help solving this problem will be appreciated.
I do have Mysql Version 3.23.54 up and running and have the snort tables
created. When I try to compile Barnyard, the error below is what I receive.

Thanks.

checking for strerror... yes
checking for /usr/include/mysql/mysql.h... yes
checking for mysql_connect in -lmysqlclient... no

  ERROR: unable to find mysqlclient library
  checked in the following places
        /usr/lib/mysql

[root@rose barnyard-0.1.0]#

Brandon Amundson

BY SENDING UNSOLICITED, COMMERCIAL SPAM E-MAIL TO THIS ADDRESS, YOU HEREBY
AGREE TO RECEIVE UP TO 15 MEGABYTES OF RANDOM CORE DUMP INFORMATION.