Snort mailing list archives

Snort Sensor not being reported in the DB after being deleted from DB

From: Ryan Barrett <light_surf () yahoo com>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 15:15:52 -0800 (PST)

Got an issue maybe someone has seen. I deleted all of my sensors out of the database, because they were inaccurately
numbered .

I have only one sensor now, but I had cycled through about nine sensors (test versions) first, before finally having a
final production sensor. The production sensor was being depicted within ACID as sensor #10, which I wanted to correct.

I went into the MySQL database, and deleted all records of all sensors, in the hope that once the production sensor
re-contacted the database with new alerts, the database would place it within its table as sensor#1.

Unfortunately, things haven't worked out that way, and ACID is seeing traffic coming in, but it refuses to record any
new sensors.

Anyway to remedy this directly within the MySQL database?

Thanks!

-Ryan