Snort mailing list archives

RES: Port Mirroring (More Info) [Snort-users]

From: "Romulo M. Cholewa" <rmc () rmc eti br>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 18:10:46 -0300

Hi bruno,

As I told you before, I used these switches extensively in an ISP I used to work for. Unfortunately, this model does
not have any port mirroring feature whatsoever. The resilience is simply a feature where you can have multiple paths to
special NICs and other uplink / downlink switches, and it will automatically protect from media failure (as a matter of
fact, it has a 5 to 10 second delay switching from one path to another).

Regards,

Romulo M. Cholewa
Home : http://www.rmc.eti.br
Forum: http://zeus.rmc.eti.br/forum
PGP Keys Available @ website.

      "My God, what have we done ?" -- Robert Oppenheimer.