Snort mailing list archives

eth0 without ip ..

From: David Alonso De La Vega Tapage <delavegad () bancoaliado com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 14:18:21 -0500

Hi all ..

In my RH 7.2 box have already installed snort + mysql + acid .. using my eth0 with my X.X.X.8 address .. now prepared my ISD box to do all out of my local lan .. and need to up the NIC without any IP addres ..

Do /sbin/ifconfig eth0 up promisc .. ? it's all or need other thing to do .. because in this moment mi NIC have my internal IP ..

Need to erase this IP and after it configure my nic with up and promisc option .

Thanx in advance for all sogguestions and links ..

Regards,

David Alonso