Snort mailing list archives

RE: What 1.9.x versions work with MSSQL?

From: "Michael Steele" <michaels () silicondefense com>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 08:41:33 -0700

Jarrett,

- What does CVS stand for?

Concurrent Versions System

- If someone says "Get the latest CVS" does that mean to get the latest
"snapshot" from www.snort.org?

You need to use a Client GUI is available from: http://www.cvsgui.org/
to extract the files from the CVS tree. There are others, like WinCVS
that will work. The Snort CVS is located at http://sourceforge.net/

- When compiling, how do you configure snort for MSSQL on a Windows
system?

On Visual C++ there is a build pull down that will allow you to build
any one of the different versions of Snort. It’s really very easy with
Microsoft Visual C++.

Hope this helps…

 -Michael
--