Snort mailing list archives

RE: Portscan 2 question

From: Soren Macbeth <smacbeth () atc-nycorp com>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 14:02:40 -0400

Looks at the ports that portscan2 reported. Sometime clients browsing
websites cause portscan2 to trigger based on the fact that some browsers
initiate a new connection (and thus, new port) for each image. If you
haven't change the config, there should be a scan.log file in your snort log
directory which will have more info.

//soren