Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort Sensors die

From: Martin Roesch <roesch () sourcefire com>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 08:42:46 -0400

Stop running in daemon mode, then read the BUGS file and send us a report.

      -Marty

On 10/2/02 1:36 PM, "Scott_Avvento () appliedcard com"
<Scott_Avvento () appliedcard com> wrote:

Anyone know why a Snort Sensor would stop without any errors, while being
run in daemon mode?

All of my sensors quit within a few seconds/minutes from startup.  I have
had the sensors up and running for approx 3 months and this is the first I
have seen of this.

Any ideas?

Scott Avvento
Security Analyst

--
Martin Roesch - Founder/CTO Sourcefire Inc. - (410) 290-1616
roesch () sourcefire com - http://www.sourcefire.com