Snort mailing list archives

Re: Benchmarking load generator?

From: Michael Boman <michael () ayeka dyndns org>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 08:47:47 +0800

On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 01:04:06PM -0400, Bennett Todd wrote:
So now I want to try and benchmark how the bonding interface in
Linux compares with the native interfaces; I'd really rather have
something more realistic than ping -f to the broadcast addr.

What I'd like the very best would be a tool that can take a
libpcap-format packet capture, and replay it, perhaps with some
options to control replay rate.

Anybody know of such a gizmo? If not, maybe one needs to be written.

-Bennett

tcpreplay - http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcpreplay/

<shameless plug>
I have a nice list of cool tools you can use against pcap files:

http://proxy.11a.nu/fun_with_pcap.htm
</shameless plug>

Best regards
 Michael Boman

--
Michael Boman
Student, Husband, Geek. Not necessary in that order though.